Friday, August 01, 2008

Pop

I've finally decided it's time to stop drinking diet soda. There's the drug addiction, the probable cancer-causing agent (though what doesn't cause cancer?) and now the osteoporosis. One of these taken on its own wouldn't be enough, but all taken together, plus the fact that I don't want my kids wanting to drink pop, and I'm actually ready to quit. And I'm excited about the reduction in my carbon footprint, fewer cans and bottles circulating, etc. But I'll miss you, diet pop!

I finished the Diet Pepsi that was in the fridge this morning, and now I'm done. My last one was consumed in the car on the way to Santa Cruz around 10 a.m. I'm using Excedrin to ease the caffeine withdrawl.

3 comments:

Regan said...

Good for you! I drink less diet coke than I used to but I just don't think I can totally give it up because I am weak.

Kathy Schrenk said...

I am so weak. I am going to hurt for a while, at least.

Linda said...

I am very proud of you! The first two weeks are the worst but after a while you'll forget all about it.