Saturday, August 09, 2008

So bitter

This was not a good day. I woke up this morning and got on the scale and I was 3.5 heavier than I was a week ago. Gaining three pounds a week is not acceptable. Nathan thinks it's water weight because I'm not consuming so much of a diuretic. But this says caffeine really isn't a diuretic. So who knows. Then I got some kind of coffee drink at Starbucks. This was the first time I had ever ordered a drink at Starbucks (they do have good pastries). I told the chick at the register my story (need something with caffeine, but no calories, and that doesn't really taste that much like coffee). It took a while but she recommended the skinny-something-or-other. Of course, since it was a coffee drink, it taste like ass. But less like ass than plain coffee. Coffee simply is not tasty. You people can keep telling yourself that it is. But you don't drink it because it tastes good, you drink it because it has caffeine and no calories. Eventually you get so used to it that it seems to taste good. But maybe that's true of NutraSweet, too.

Anyway, I continued to have headaches this afternoon despite Excedrin in the morning and my ass drink with lunch. Nathan thinks it's because of NutraSweet withdrawal, since there's some evidence that's an addictive drug, too. I did have a can and a half of Fresca, though. Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if all this annoying crap is worth it.

No comments: