Friday, January 04, 2008

More on outsourcing birth

I say “feels like” and “look like” because I can’t quite bring myself to the point of saying “is.” And in this, I think, I am right in the mainstream of American thought on the topic of surrogate motherhood.

As one of the 150 commenters pointed out, it's not up to Judith Warner to decide what Indian women do with their bodies. Besides, who cares what her shrill, sanctimonious self thinks?

All that aside, I still can't get over the intense irony of teens getting pregnant "accidentally" while millions of women will do anything to have a baby. I wonder if there could be some program where these women could "adopt" pregnant teens or young mothers while they're waiting for IVF to work or for their adoption paperwork to go through.

No comments: