Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Manic Monday!

With all the houses being built by people with unlimited budgets in Atherton, you'd think some of them would be just a bit different. They all seem to have this vaguely Mission style but are huge and loom over the street. I did see one on my ride along Greenoaks and Oak Grove today that looked just like a mission would have looked 150 years ago, but without falling over itself trying to be Mission style: a reasonable setback from the road, with native or drought-tolerant plants partially screening the street from the house, and vice-versa. I would love to see more of it.

I really hope I don't criticize others' parenting decisions without realizing it, because when other people do it to me it's really friggin annoying.

Caltrain hardly runs any trains middays and on weekends. So why does it seem like there's always one going by our house?

No comments: