Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Mission Taco (Soulard)

This week I had an errand to run in Soulard so I decided to visit Mission Taco. I'd been to this Mission Taco and the other location on Delmar once each. There's no real difference between the two, as far as I can tell.

Today I had three tacos: The monthly special,
a fish taco and a veggie taco, which was mostly portobello mushrooms.

Of these the veggie was my favorite. It's not exactly Mexican in it's flavor, but I'm a sucker for goat cheese.

closeup of the sweet potato carnitas taco
I was pretty underwhelmed with the taco of the month. It was fairly bland and something about the mix of sweet potato (which I normally love) and the cheese and meat didn't jibe. The fish taco was good, if standard.

Overall I always enjoy Mission Taco. Chips and salsa are very good, service is good, atmosphere is good. It's not super-authentic like the Cherokee Street places, but if you want some quality Mexican food it's hard to go wrong with Mission Taco.

Next week: Sieta Luminarias. I know I said that last time, but this time I really mean it.

No comments: