Saturday, May 02, 2009

screw you, San Carlos!

Linda and Adam will be visiting the Bay Area in a few weeks (YAY!!!) and wanted to have a park picnic with friends. Burton Park in San Carlos would be nice, we thought. So I emailed the parks department and, lo and behold, there were picnic sites available for the last weekend in May! Kind of amazing...

Reservations are over-the-phone only, so I called the park department:
Me: "I'd like to reserve the tot playground area."
Parks lady: "Do you live in San Carlos?"
Lady: "Oh! You have to live in San Carlos. I should have asked when you emailed..."

So I went on to the Redwood City parks site, to see if I could reserve and are at the lovely park where we had Arthur's bday party. It was available, and as far as I could tell, you don't have to be an RC resident, of course.

Who does San Carlos think it is, Shallow Alto?

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Some of these peninsula cities can soon restrict park usage and voting to only the land holding class.

Lorraine Akemann said...

Way to waive the RWC flag! I saw your email today to the club as well, classic! Glad that you finally got a reservation, and thanks for passing on the info.