Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cleanse?

One of my Baby Boot Camp clients recently told me about this blog and how the blogger was doing this insane "cleanse" diet where you can't have sugar, gluten, caffeine, alcohol, or animal products. Seriously. What the hell do you actually eat? Well, it made her horribly sick, which made me crack up. I'm pretty sure I could do each of them separately for a day or a week, depending on which one it is.

Yesterday we went to this wedding where all the food was vegan. I could do vegetarian (I did for a while, with the exception of the occasional In-N-Out burger) but not vegan. I need some cheese and milk and eggs.

But the cleanse story got me thinking about trying to give up one of the things for maybe a week at a time. Meat one week, alcohol the next, sugar would be good. Caffeine would be the tough one. I don't think I'd even want to try the gluten, though I know some people who swear by their gluten-free diet.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oprah recently did a 21-day Cleanse diet. If she can do it, anyone can! (hee hee hee) http://www2.oprah.com/foodhome/food/cleanse/cleanse_main.jhtml

Kathy Schrenk said...

Yep, I know. If you had clicked on the links in the post, you'd know that I know :-)

Linda said...

Yeah, well, I read stuff but don't click the links very often.

If you decide to do the no-caffeine, you might want to consider getting a Rx of something to mask those migraines you are sure to get while you detox.