Sunday, November 15, 2015

La Tejana Taqueria

I had never heard of Tinga before, but the three-word description was enough to get me to try it: "chicken, chipotle, chorizo." The dish was a bit different than I had expected, but I was far from disappointed.

I should pause for a moment to point out the this restaurant is pretty much in a liquor store. Same building, same register. It seems like they probably have some unusual tequilas, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Anyway, Tinga. They serve it with tortilla, rice and beans, with a bit of cheese on top. You fork it into your tortilla, take a bite and basically you're in heaven. This may actually be my favorite meal of all the ones I've tried in the St. Louis area so far. 



And now that I know about Tinga, I am going to try to make it :-)

La Tejana also has the best guac we've had so far. Cilantro, lime, a bit of tomato, all perfectly balanced with some seriously legit avocados for November in Missouri.

Next up: Nachomamas

No comments: