Saturday, August 30, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Eventually I want to get to the point where I don't drink pop at all any more, mostly to keep my kids away from it. I don't really have a problem with using caffeine occasionally, but addiction is never good.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
5 questions I have
5)Why aren’t there “exact change” lanes at the toll booths?????
4) How did he get to be president again?
3) Why do so many baby gear items require two hands to operate?
2)Why do so many people (mostly men) feel the need to say “got your hands full!” when they see a mom with more than one kid?
1) When does the choke start?
Saturday, August 16, 2008
5) Does Jerrell need to cry every week about the person who gets Auf'd?
4) Will Stella ever actually design something that's not biker-bar wear?
3) Are any of these people actually likable, or are some merely not annoying?
2) How crowded is Mood during regular business hours with ProRun groupies? (If I ever go to NY again, I would totally go on a shopping spree there; though SF seems to have something nearly as good in Britex)
1) Who wants to put bets down now on the final three? (My guesses: Suede, Jerrell and Keith)
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
I'm quite sure this is the first time I've actually felt sorry for George W. Bush. Not because of the Costas interview (he deserves whatever Bob throws at him), but look at him in that pic, with his arms frozen at his sides. But wait, it gets worse:
As Jon Stewart put it, this is probably the best decision of his presidency.
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Anyway, I continued to have headaches this afternoon despite Excedrin in the morning and my ass drink with lunch. Nathan thinks it's because of NutraSweet withdrawal, since there's some evidence that's an addictive drug, too. I did have a can and a half of Fresca, though. Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if all this annoying crap is worth it.
Friday, August 08, 2008
4) Blondie (even when I *didn't* dye it)
2) Little Buddy
1) Mayor of McGarvey
A special prize will go to anyone who can name the assingor of more than one of these (hint: four are at least somewhat newspaper-related)
Thursday, August 07, 2008
It'll be a week tomorrow, with just one slip off the wagon: some Diet Coke with my soup-in-a-bread-bowl at Boulanger yesterday. It actually didn't taste that good...
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Monday, August 04, 2008
Saturday, August 02, 2008
Friday, August 01, 2008
5) Shutting down a lane of 17 between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
4) Crying on national TV because your ProRun teammate of three days got Aufed.
3) Scoring less than two runs when you have the bases loaded with no outs.
2) The Cubs getting shut out by the Pirates at Wrigley.
1) Calling yourself Suede and referring to yourself in the third person.
I finished the Diet Pepsi that was in the fridge this morning, and now I'm done. My last one was consumed in the car on the way to Santa Cruz around 10 a.m. I'm using Excedrin to ease the caffeine withdrawl.