Sunday, June 29, 2008
Yesterday we went to this wedding where all the food was vegan. I could do vegetarian (I did for a while, with the exception of the occasional In-N-Out burger) but not vegan. I need some cheese and milk and eggs.
But the cleanse story got me thinking about trying to give up one of the things for maybe a week at a time. Meat one week, alcohol the next, sugar would be good. Caffeine would be the tough one. I don't think I'd even want to try the gluten, though I know some people who swear by their gluten-free diet.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Once again I'm stealing a blog idea from someone else, this time from a friend and not just some random person. However, I'm adapting it to a format I have some more experience with. Some former coworkers and I used to write limericks to amuse ourselves during slow newsweeks.
Oh, about what should I blog?
Sometimes when I write I get bogged
down thinking of idees
and I just churn out cheese
Then think of how I miss our dog
Friday, June 13, 2008
4) What happens to the people Farraday was ferrying from the island to the boat? No boat, no island...
3) Did the polar bear escape from the weird alien bunker?
2) Why did they have to lie to "protect" those "left behind" when the point of moving the island was to protect it?
1) Who killed Locke, and why (if he is, in fact, actually dead)?
Random comment: The commercial during the last half of the show was my favorite moment. 2nd favorite: Ben "Dick Cheney" Linus: "So?"
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Friday, June 06, 2008
5) You should be able to back out of your driveway and have faith that no one will be coming down the street at twice the speed limit.
4) You should NOT need a flashlight to retrieve something from your closet or cabinet.
3) A person running for president of the US should have the insight to understand when he or she is out of the race.
2) A person who is president should NOT have an IQ under 100.
1) A national park should be free of environmental degradations such as, oh, I don't know, DAMS.
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Total number of books I’ve owned:
Not that many. I don't really believe in buying books, except used. I'm big into libraries.
Last book I bought:
Last book I read:
OK, the last book I finished reading? Let's see, I started reading this Bill Bryson book (I've started lots of his, but never finished one). So I guess it was Saving Fish from Drowning, which was good.
Five books that mean something to me:
I’m not going to pretend that all of these books are great works of literature. Heck, you might have even read one of them and hated it. But to me they are special for some reason or another.
I'll think of some more later...